More than a dozen think tankers have made the 2013 Defense News list of the 100 Most Influential People in US Defense.
Here are the think tankers who made the list, along with their rank:
14. Andrew Marshall: Director, DoD Office of Net Assessment (DoD's internal think tank)
34. Robert Work: CEO, Center for a New American Security (CNAS)
51. Michele Flournoy/Kurt Campbell: Co-founders of CNAS
57. John Hamre: President & CEO, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
63. Thomas Donilon: Distinguished Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
69. Andrew Krepinevich: President, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA)
73. Gordon Adams: Distinguished Fellow, Stimson Center
74. Todd Harrison: Senior Fellow, CSBA
75. Richard Danzig: Chairman, CNAS
77. Rudy deLeon: Senior VP, National VP, National Security & International Policy, Center for American Progress (CAP).
79. David Berteau: Director, CSIS's National Security Program on Industry and Resources
85. Barry Blechman: Co-founder, Stimson Center
86. Christopher Preble: Vice President, Defense and Foreign Policy Studies, Cato Institute
88. Loren Thompson: COO, Lexington Institute
90. Fred Kempe: President & CEO, Atlantic Council
95. Peter Singer/Michael O'Hanlon: Senior Fellows, Brookings Institution
96. Larry Korb: Senior Fellow, CAP
97. Mackenzie Eaglen: Senior Fellow, Marilyn Ware Center for Security Studies, American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
Here is an explanation about the list from Defense News.
Fred Kempe, President & CEO of Atlantic Council (#90 on the list), noted that 25 board members of his think tank made the list.