A variety of think tankers have signed the letter, including:
- Heidi Hartmann, President of Institute for Women's Policy Research
- Alice Rivlin, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- Dean Baker, Co-Director, Center for Economic Policy Research (CEPR)
- Eileen Appelbaum, Senior Economist, CEPR
- John Schmitt, Senior Economist, CEPR
- Michael Goldberg, Senior Research Associate, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET)
- Thomas Hungerford, Senior Economist and Director of Tax and Budget Policy, Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
- Monique Morrissey, Economist, EPI
- Heidi Shierholz, Economist, EPI
- Lawrence Mishel, President, EPI
- Stephen Oliner, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
- Josh Bivens, Research and Policy Director, EPI
Yesterday (September 15) Larry Summers, who was reportedly the front-runner for the job, withdrew his name from consideration to be the next Federal Reserve Chairman.
IWPR was co-founded by Heidi Hartmann in 1987 and is based in Washington, DC.