The Hamilton Project is an economic policy project housed within the Brookings Institution. In September, Hamilton Project announced a new leadership team.
Here is a full list of others on The Hamilton Project Advisory Council. Those of the Council include economic/business heavyweights such as:
- Alan Blinder, former Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve and former member of Clinton's Council of Economic Advisers.
- Richard Gephardt, former Democratic Congressman representing Missouri.
- Peter Orszag, former Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Robert Reischauer, former Director of the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).
- Robert Rubin, former Treasury Secretary.
- Sheryl Sandberg, CEO of Facebook.
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google.
- Lawrence Summers, former Treasury Secretary under Clinton and Director of the NEC under President Obama.
- Laura D'Andrea Tyson, former Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) under Clinton.
Geithner joined the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) earlier this year as a Distinguished Fellow.
Here is what other former Treasury Secretaries have done after leaving that position. Robert Rubin, another former Treasury Secretary, was one of the founders of the Hamilton Project. Rubin is also Co-Chairman of CFR.
Brookings was recently ranked as the best think tank in the world by the University of Pennsylvania's annual think tank rankings.