- Harvard's guide to writing about think tanks.
- George Washington University (GWU): "Think Tank Watch is a valuable site worth tracking."
- Stanford Law School: Think Tank Watch listed as a top think tank resource.
- Emory University: Think Tank Watch a "recommended resource" on think tanks.
- Boston University: Cited as top think tank source.
- Ohio State University (OSU): Cited as a top think tank source.
- Fordham University: Citation.
- University of Kansas: Citation.
- Baruch College: Cited as key source.
- Brookings Institution: Lawfare Blog.
- Heritage Foundation's 2016 year in review (here).
- Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) top research links.
- Stimson Center (here).
- Truman Center (here).
- World Resources Institute (here).
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI): Cited in report.
- Empire in Retreat: The Past, Present, and Future of the United States (here).
- Stealth Communications: The Spectacular Rise of Public Relations (here).
- Obama and the World: New Directions in US Foreign Policy (here).
- Knowledge Actors and Transnational Governance (here).
- Northern Lights: Exploring Canada's Think Tank Landscape (here).
- National Review (here).
- CQPress (here and here).