Think Tank Watch has learned that the Polish Institute of International Affairs (PISM) has opened an office in Washington, DC.
Here is more about the history of PISM from Wikipedia:
PISM was established by the Parliament of the Republic of Poland in 1947. In 1972, the institute gained the right to confer doctoral degrees, of which the first recipient was Jerzy Robert Nowak. In 1993, the institute was closed and an “Office of International Studies – Institute of International Affairs” was created under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In 1996 the institute was reactivated, this time under the name Polish Institute of International Affairs. PISM is funded principally from the Polish state budget and it works closely with the Polish foreign and defense ministries.
PISM has already been collaborating with other think tanks, such as the Heritage Foundation.