If there is a current event in the news, the odds are very good that a think tank somewhere in Washington (or elsewhere) is commenting on it.
Here is what some think tanks are saying about the apparent shootdown of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17.
- Brookings analysis from Steven Pifer and Hannah Thoburn.
- AEI's Michael Auslin says that freedom of the skies is at risk.
- AEI's Michael Rubin considering the implications of the plane crash.
- AEI's Leon Aron asks if the crash will be traced to a Russian-made missile.
- Heritage Foundation asks if Russia's aggression contributed to the Malaysian plane crash.
- CSIS's Anthony Cordesman says avoid rushing to judgement.
- Carnegie Europe's Judy Dempsey on the tragedy in Ukraine.
- Atlantic Council's Alex Ward: Is the MH17 crash a turning point in the Ukraine crisis?
Here is a previous Think Tank Watch post on think tank analysis of the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.