- Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC)
- Basque Center for Climate Change (BC3)
- Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS)
- Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW)
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
- Worldwatch Institute
- Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM)
- Resources for the Future (RFF)
- Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC)
- Centre International de Recherche sur l'Environnement et le Developpement (CIRED)
This year ICCG has two different rankings, one "standardized" and one "absolute." (The above ranking is for the "standardized" version.) In the absolute ranking, Institut Pierre Simon Laplace came out on top. The full methodology for the rankings can be found here.
An award ceremony will be held at ICCG's headquarters in Italy in October 2014.
Here is a link to ICCG's first ranking of top climate think tanks, and here is a previous Think Tank Watch post about that ranking.
Here is a cool interactive map that ICCG created that allows one to explore climate think tanks.
ICCG was founded in 2009 as a joint initiative of Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) and Fondazione Giorgio Cini. ICCG is located on the Island of San Giorgio Maggiore, right in front of Saint Mark's Square in Venice, Italy.