- Heritage Foundation: 25
- American Enterprise Institute (AEI): 11
- Hudson Institute: 4
- Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI): 3
- Hoover Institution: 3
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS): 3
- Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC): 3
- Brookings Institution: 2
- Manhattan Institute: 2
- Cato Institute: 1
- R Street Institute: 1
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace: 1
- Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA): 1
Think Tank Watch keeps its own internal list which shows that there are even more think tankers than the ones listed who have helped the Trump team. ["Only" around 60 people total have come from more well-known, "traditional" think tanks, based on our analysis of ProPublica's count.]
In January, the Heritage Foundation said that approximately 70 of its former employees have worked for the Trump transition team or as part of the administration.
Here is a previous Think Tank Watch piece about the influence of the Heritage Foundation on President Trump, whose administration has adopted 64 percent of the think tank's recommended agenda.