- James Baker, Honorary Chair of the James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Rice University; member of CFR
- Paula Dobriansky, Senior Advisor at Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC); Board Member of Atlantic Council; Board of Advisors at Center for a New American Security (CNAS); member of CFR
- John Hannah, Senior Fellow, Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD)
- Stephen Hadley, member, Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
- Robert Zoellick, former Distinguished Visiting Fellow at Peterson Institute for International Economics (PIIE); member of CFR
- Kenneth Juster, member, CFR
- Paul Wolfowitz, Visiting Scholar, AEI; member of CFR
- George Shultz, Distinguished Fellow, Hoover Institute
- Meghan O'Sullivan, Adjunct Senior Fellow, CFR
- Roger Noriega, Visiting Fellow, AEI
The same day he released this list of advisors, Mr. Bush spoke at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, a think tank that was recently named in the University of Pennsylvania think tank rankings as one of the top "Think Tanks to Watch."
Vin Weber, who had helped Mitt Romney arrange think tank meetings in the 2012 presidential race, has also started advising Mr. Bush.
Here is a previous Think Tank Watch post on Jeb Bush's favorite think tank.
Here is a previous Think Tank Watch post on the favorite think tanks of the George W. Bush Administration.
On the other side, Hillary Clinton has an army of think tankers ready to fight for her.